"Love of beauty is Taste. The creation of beauty is Art" - Ralph Waldo Emerson (American poet)

Thursday 26 May 2011

Felt Pen Eyeliner

Last night before a gig mate Zoe and I popped into Topshop to take a pair of faulty shoes back. We couldn't help but check out the makeup department. As you know I am a huge fan of their products which are cheap and good (photos next post). They had a promotion on buy 3 items get a free festival survival pack. Zoe bought a nail polish, I bought two more and the nice lady gave me the promo pack which contained Topshop facial wipes (which are always useful) and hair grips which I gave to Miss Zoe but what I was really excited about was the free felt pen eyeliner.

I have been on the lookout for a pen style eyeliner. They are easier to use than an ink and brush and I have coveted this one for ages (why do I always pick the most expensive?).


EYELINER STYLO

NARS
Anyhow - I thought I had saved myself a bunch of dough getting this one for free but it looks like I am going to have to treat myself to the Nars (oh gosh darn it). The Topshop version in Jet just isn't cutting the mustard. It's dry! It actually hurt to apply it. Maybe they gave us the old ones I dunno but I am not impressed. Took ages to get a somewhat even line and can you see it's not slick. You should be able to swish across in one go!

It took ages to build it up and, well, just don't buy it. Sorry Toppers - I am a huge fan but this isn't great.

No comments:

Post a Comment