"Love of beauty is Taste. The creation of beauty is Art" - Ralph Waldo Emerson (American poet)

Tuesday 24 May 2011

Tammy



My friend Tammy is beautiful. I mean she's one of those women that men and women turn to stare at when you're walking down the street and you think to yourself "what am I chopped liver?". I wanted to ask her what she sees when she looks at herself. She's a singer/songwriter and very talented. She's playing at Pizza Express Jazz Cafe tomorrow night if you're free. Come and meet me! Bonus!

So Tammy what do you see?

I see someone who is strong, vulnerable, confident, attractive, intelligent. I like my lips, complexion and hair. Other people think I look younger than I am. I get a lot of comments about my skin being nice.

But there are things I would I change. My dark circles under my eyes which I get from my Dad and a smaller forehead. When I perform I constantly worry about lipstick or food on or in my teeth, getting hot and sweat marks showing, shiny forehead and a sneezing or coughing attack.

I feel pretty happy about how I look. I haven't had any work done nor do I plan on it in the near future. I think our facial lines show the life we have lived. The highs, the lows...

I think being attractive certainly helps open some doors but it doesn't always help you to get ahead. It can also attract all sorts of insincere people into your life as well. I think confidence and self assurance makes you beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment