"Love of beauty is Taste. The creation of beauty is Art" - Ralph Waldo Emerson (American poet)

Saturday 27 August 2011

Makeup Party

We celebrated Annie's birthday a few weeks ago and had a girls get together in Stoke Newington at an amazing house partner in crime Emma was taking care of. I thought, as some of my favourite ladies would be there, I couldn't go empty handed. Of course I brought wine and crisps (obvs!), but I had  products (lipsticks, nail varnish, tanning lotion, scrubs, foundations, blushers) that I had double of or didn't work for me after trials and tribulations.

It's so funny when you plonk free makeup in front of girls they kind of go a little mental. There was an initial few seconds of silence as they observed and as soon as I gave the go ahead it was like vultures had descended. Everyone left with a new product and they seemed happier people. I felt I had really done something useful - either by saving them money or making them happier just by trying a new lipstick or blusher which we all approved worked for their skin tone.

I think I might throw a makeup party! Everyone bring what they don't use as long as it's relatively new and clean. It's basically an opportunity to sit around, gossip, drink, eat and do each others nails. Would you come?


No comments:

Post a Comment