"Love of beauty is Taste. The creation of beauty is Art" - Ralph Waldo Emerson (American poet)

Thursday 30 September 2010

Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Skin Protectant

It's getting a little chilly here in London and I thought I would share what is probably quite a well known beauty tip for the colder weather. I am sure many ladies have Lizzy Arden's 8 Hour Cream kicking around in a drawer or purse or bedside. We all know it lasts and only needs to be used sparingly. I faithfully use it when on a flight to keep skin hydrated and its great for chapped lips in winter. It does tend to be quite thick and hard to spread around but I now put a tiny bit in my palm and then use a small amount of light moisturiser like Simple's Hydrating Light Moisturiser (50ml £1.00 with Ocado!) and this will help break the 8 Hour creme down and you can smooth all over face and under eyes. Try not to touch your face after application -be patient and let it sink in. Will leave your skin feeling soft and protected against wind and rain and snow (boo)!

If you have a fringe pin it back or don't apply so much to forehead as it does tend to stick a bit.

I searched web and for the UK found a good deal for £23 at Look Fantastic website.
http://www.lookfantastic.com/beauty/elizabeth-arden/top-5-beauty-products/elizabeth-arden-eight-hour-cream-skin-protectant-50mls.html

Keep an eye out on Superdrug as well as they usually beat the competition (i.e Boots) and sometimes will do deals on this particular product. For the North Americans any drug store sells and also Ebay is a brilliant place for deals. Remember it lasts ages so it's an investment.

A little trivia which I just learned is that Miss Arden also famously used it to soothe her thoroughbred horses' legs! I say!

No comments:

Post a Comment