"Love of beauty is Taste. The creation of beauty is Art" - Ralph Waldo Emerson (American poet)

Friday 7 January 2011

A Fifty-Dollar Haircut On A Fifty-Cent Head


Cute as a button
Nick is a friend I met in Berlin. In fact, in a round about way, it was all through blogging! He now lives in Holland with his partner. When I met him I noticed that he smelled nice and looked smart (he had nice shirts). He cares about his appearance therefore he was a good candidate for my next interview. He's been very honest with his answers and I think any man out there will benefit from reading.

Tausend Dank Nick!



Do you use any anti aging creams?
No, of course not.

What do you do for skin care daily?
Very little, I'm afraid. I wash my face with water. I never use soap or anything else to clean my face. That may have lost me some kisses over the years.

I put a bit of Nivea Creme on my face every day. I used to use Boots Cold Cream before I left England.
 
What do you use for shaving and aftercare?
Nivea shaving gel, Gillette Sensor 3 razor blades, Nivea Creme afterwards.

Not sure if it counts as shaving, but I am of an age where I couldn't do without my ear and nose hair trimmer. Nothing is more ageing than bushy eyebrows. My trimmer has an eyebrow attachment. In fact, you could stuff pillows for orphans with the amount of hair I remove from my body parts each month. Not that the orphans would necessarily thank you for it.

What is your favorite product and why? 
Maja soap from Myrurgia. It smells like something your grandmother would use. Or one of your gay friends, evidently. I adore it.
 
What is your favorite cologne and why?
Someone once told me a gentleman never reveals the name of his cologne. But seeing as it's just between you and me: Eau d'Iparie from l'Occitane en Provence. Yes, it's for women. But I have been using it for a couple of years and never received so many compliments on the way I smell before.
 
Do you have any particular hair care product you favour?
I wash my hair with water. I never use shampoo. That may have lost me some pats on the head.

Afterwards I put Regaine Extra Strength on---been using it for almost a decade now. Yes, this gorgeous mane is out of a bottle, ladies!

I sometimes use Nivea Creme Gel on my hair. That's the third Nivea product but that's mainly because it's a German company and I was living in Germany for such a long time.
 
Any beauty or health tips for metrosexuals out there? 
 A little manscaping never hurt anyone.

Do you have any tips for the ladies in regards to do's or dont's? (what is attractive and what is not etc) 
          - Nothing is as unattractive as smoking, in men or women.
          - Women are too concerned about their weight.
          - Cheap scent is never a good idea, especially too much cheap scent.
          - If you must dye your hair, dye it one colour only.
          - Whoever came up with the idea of piercing your tongue? Or your cheek?
          - Fringes are for little girls.
         -  For me, a smile makes every face 100 times more attractive.

Overall I agree entirely with Garrison Keillor: "Beauty isn't worth thinking about; what's important is your mind. You don't want a fifty-dollar haircut on a fifty-cent head."

2 comments:

  1. Just for the record I do think beauty is worth thinking about but it's a good quote. Mind important too yes yes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it! I can vouch Nick does indeed smell very nice. Think I might get Nick to have a quiet word with Dave about eyebrows!

    ReplyDelete