"Love of beauty is Taste. The creation of beauty is Art" - Ralph Waldo Emerson (American poet)

Wednesday 6 October 2010

A Whirlwind of Glamour-Induced Excitement.

I have received my £20 mascara and my new eyelash curler (which I am determined to use after I have been told how much of a difference it will make). I cannot contain the excitement and yes - the £30 spent is completely justified. I was battling with financial guilt since ordering them but the packaging - ohhhh I am a sucker for packaging! Look how retro and pretty!

Duwop Lash Venom in black - £20


 Mister Mascara Lash Curler - £7.50



Both from http://www.lookfantastic.co.uk/

* After experimenting this morning I do believe that curling your eyelashes is beneficial. You look more doe-eyed or something. I will be doing a blog on how to do correctly.

4 comments:

  1. Look forward to that! I like the effects of a lash curler but hate having to clean it with a cotton bud (lazy me).
    Any recommendations for a good eyelash brush - one that's not part of a mascara?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I twittered you already but for anyone else this is the best one I've seen. Tweezerman's folding lash brush. £8.00!
    http://www.asos.com/Tweezerman/Tweezerman-Folding-Lash-Comb/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=320436&SearchQuery=tweezerman&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=FoldingLashComb

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the venom! Quite see what you like about the packaging, and you know, mascara lasts for a long time, so not that expensive really (justify, justify!). I've also heard that eyelash curlers make a difference, and indeed my make-up artist cousin used them on me when she gave me a makeover, so I'm convinced. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emma - I knew you would love that venom - I know you're a sucker for packaging as well.

    ReplyDelete