"Love of beauty is Taste. The creation of beauty is Art" - Ralph Waldo Emerson (American poet)

Wednesday 27 October 2010

Workout Makeup for Gym Bunnies


I don't understand why some women feel the need to wear makeup to work out. I mean - what good can come of it? You're clogging up your pores as well as wasting good makeup and application time as it pours down your face. Now you just look ridiculous!
I have asked around and the men I know that gym it find a girl much more attractive if they're  red faced and super sweaty than someone all made up. However, some ladies feel completely naked without  makeup on so I have found a few things that you can do but please people - be sensible!


Absolute Dont's

  • Foundations/Tinted moisturisers - No, no, no! Since these have a lot of pigment they tend to stick out when they dissolve on your face during intense workouts that result in tons of sweat.
  • Blush - Skip it. When you work out, your body produces heat therefore blood flow is increased giving your cheeks that nice flush naturally.
  • Eyeliner/Eyeshadow/Mascara - Who wants panda eyes? Take it off!
  • Sunscreen - It will seep into your eyes and burn them!  


Do's (if you must)

  • Clear or waterproof mascara - If you feel completely naked without at least a couple of swipes of mascara, then stick to mascara that is either waterproof or clear for a little definition.
  • Browliner - Brow powder tends to rub off easier than pencil.
  • Lip Gloss- Lip gloss does a great job at giving your lips a slight hue and still looks okay when it goes outside the lines of your lips accidentally.

3 comments:

  1. Great tips!
    I volunteer with the WV Community Centre Fitness classes. When I was unemployed I did the 8am classes three times a week. Now I do the 6pm and 7pm classes. What a difference! Obviously the pm crew is coming from work and running into class. Most of my am ladies wore zilch. I found the yoga crowd was MUCH MORE concerned about their appearance than the cardios. I thought it would be the other way around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, i don't really want to wear make up when i run...but if i take the time to take it off, then i'm only one step away from slipping into the bathtub and then there goes the run.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris - keep some wipes handy! I will make an exception for eye makeup but not blush or foundation! Bad!

    ReplyDelete