What you've all been waiting for! The winner will receive an excellent Essie nail varnish - colour to be chosen by you! Competition closes December 1st. I will pull a name out of a make-up bag if more than one person answers all correctly.
Please list your answers in an email to me at firstname.lastname@example.org along with your name and address.
1. Which of the following celebrities never endorsed Lancome?
a) Juliette Binoche
b) Isabella Rossellini
c) Julia Roberts
d) Ann Hathaway
e) Uma Thurman
e) All of the above
f) None of the above
2. What did Cleopatra crush to get the stain for her red lips?
c) rose petals
3. Which is the oldest Cosmetics Company in history?
b) Estee Lauder
4. Which of these famous singers said this?
"But when I went on the stage to do a show, I would put on makeup because I felt that it enhanced my act; it drew attention to what I was doing"
a) Little Richard
b) Elvis Presley
c) Jerry Lee Lewis
d) Cliff Richard
5. Who is this make-up loving character?
6. What is the most popular selling fragrance for women?
c) Chanel No. 5
7. This became highly popular in the eighteenth century and all of these celebs have one today. What is it?
-Sarah Jessica Parker
- Angelina Jolie
- Eva Mendes
- Mariah Carey
8. Which of these brands does Estee Lauder NOT own?
b) Bobbi Brown
c) Tommy Hilfiger
9. What is America's number one selling beauty product?
a) Great Lash Mascara by Maybelline
b) Cover Girl Foundation
c) Lancome Juicy Tubes
d) Dove soap
e) Oil of Olay
10. A beautiful model in an evening gown appeared on the cover of a Harper's Bazaar magazine in 1915. She wasn't wearing a corset, her skirt was above her ankles and the back of her dress was scandalously low. But the model lacked one thing in particular that would set off a new trend in fashion in North America. What was it?