I know it's hard when you're under the weather to make any effort to look or feel good but I thought of a few things that seem to make me feel a bit more normal.
- Use a nice cream on your face - this one is recommended by the girls at Vogue which they say helps to get your skin back to it's normal glory. Darphin Intral Soothing Cream, £36.
- Many people think, "I'm sick, I'm not going anywhere, so no need to bathe." However, taking a bath is like washing the sick germs off your body. Use your favorite soaps. Biotherm Lait De Gommage Milky Body Scrub, £21
- Even though you're not going anywhere, and you'll be snuggled up in bed, a fresh pair of jammies will make you feel a lot better. When you're feeling clean and attractive, you can identify less as a sick person, and more as a person resting, or relaxing. This also helps lift the blue moods.
- Drink water. Not only will it keep you hydrated, it will flush away the toxins and keep your body cells in fighting shape. Drinking water will also help your brain counteract negativity. Proper hydration will help your mood as it is physically essential and emotionally nurturing.
- Remind yourself that you are not required to feel sad just because you're sick. Divide the physical aches and pains with the emotional ones. Try not to let yourself fall into the "pity myself" mode. With a positive mindset, you can get over the sickness faster. (This is quite hard for me but I am trying).