If you get puffy eyes like me in the morning there are a few natural remedies you can try.
- Place cucumbers over your eyes while lying down in a quiet room. You can also use a slice of a raw potato. Leave it there for at least 15 minutes.
- Witch hazel. Just dampen a cotton terry cloth with witch hazel and place over your eyes while lying down. Rest for at least 15 minutes.
- Reduce the amount of sodium you consume for the next day. This will naturally pull the water out of the eye area.
- A tea bag is also a puffy eye remedy. Apply a tea bag that has been used over the eye while resting. It contains a natural element called tannin in it which will work to relieve the swelling quickly. Relax for at least 5 minutes like this.
- Cold compress. Use a small plastic bag and fill with ice, wrap it in a washcloth and place it on the eyes. Repeat as necessary.
- Cucumber/Potato Eye Press - Use either sliced raw potatoes or cucumbers and place slices on closed eyes for 15-30 minutes.
If you want to look as cool as you can whilst relaxing with a compress may I suggest this little number from Anatomicals. Revitalizing Eye Mask - £3.00.